An effective Information Security program provides the underlying structure needed to effectively reduce risk to critical assets and associated security and compliance costs. A well-defined InfoSec program allows organizations to set realistic security goals, allocate resources in an effective and cost-efficient manner, reduce overall risk, and integrate security into daily operations. A well-managed security program should proactively address a changing threat landscape and communicate management’s security directives to all employees and partners. To implement an effective security framework, a sound program management plan is essential.
Our staff has the experience and qualifications to assist organizations of all sizes with the development of well-documented security programs and associated project plans. We also offer “health-checks” of existing programs and project plans against industry standards and best practices to ensure that your organization’s security program is effective, evolving, and fully operational.
Our assessment methodology will help your organization to identify potential technical, organizational, and administrative control deficiencies , and provide you with an actionable plan to improve your security posture. Our project plans take multiple factors into account, including business drivers, regulatory and compliance requirements, and organizational values. Most importantly, we work closely with you to identify critical success factors and tailor a program based on your specific needs, with the goal of creating a sustainable, mature program.
Our Risk Assessment and Program development methodology provides a framework that can help your organization:
- Utilize the best and most appropriate security frameworks
- Develop a security program strategy that engages both executive management and subordinate stakeholders
- Assist with defining an IT Risk Assessment approach based on your organization’s unique requirements (both internal and external)
- Define a risk profile which includes aggregated risk and prioritization of risk remediation
- Develop of an IT Risk Treatment Plan and subsequent project plans
- Map the most appropriate security policies, procedures, guidelines and standards and help write them
- Identify the critical success metrics needed to monitor and continuously improve your security program
- Develop strategies to encourage organizational participation and awareness
The AppSec Consulting Difference
- Develop or improve your existing InfoSec program and projects using proven tools and methodologies
- Work with security professionals with a wealth of experience in all facets of risk and compliance management and program governance
- Get maximum value from your security and compliance investments
- Increase access to market share by being able to objectively demonstrate your security/compliance posture to third parties
- Reduce overall cost and time to implement security programs and projects through expert scoping and knowledge of the security industry
What You Get
- Expert consultation with experts that have a deep knowledge of the security industry and InfoSec program governance
- A security program best suited to your organization’s requirements and objectives
- More successful security projects that meet objectives and are on-time and on-budget
- Confidence you can meet external and internal regulatory and compliance requirements
- A competitive advantage when you are able to prove to 3rd parties, regulators, partners and to the market that you truly value security